Monday, November 15, 2010

My First Train Ride!

This previous weekend I went on my first train ride, and soon following was my second train ride.  What was the reason behind this trip and why is it worth blogging about?

Well first off, it was a momentous occasion for myself riding the train for the first time. And also because I went to see Rain, the Broadway show tribute to the Beatles.

This is worth blogging about because while there I noticed some great designs from the Beatles Era and wanted to post some psychedelic 60s designs.

I know the drug fueled music age may have died out and the design style along with it, but I'm sure a resurgence of overly colorful images is just around the corner.

Wawa runs a Hoagie Fest commercial with a similar feel to these posters, and maybe that is all we will see any time soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hoagie Fest! A friend's band, The Sw!ms, actually submitted to the hoagie fest theme song contest last year. Unfortunately they didn't win, but a fan made a really awesome video for them:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F7QK-kZnio

    They've since broken up but if you enjoy this type of design you should check them out-frontman Brian Langan does all of their illustration:

    http://www.theswims.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even better:: here's a link to Brian's monthly dance party's flyer collection:

    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?aid=303113&id=264265120791

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. And this is particularly relevant because Apple just won over the Beatles!

    ReplyDelete